Wow and congrats to the Souderton Area High School Advanced Choir and its director, Teresa Washam, on racking up another great accomplishment with their invitation to perform Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody live today on the Preston & Steve Show on 93.3 WMMR.
The choir program at SAHS consists of six choral groups: Men’s Chorus, Women’s Chorus, Concert Choir, Advanced Choir, Soudertones (men’s a cappella group), and Chordination (women’s a cappella group).
Talking about the choir’s ability to perform this difficult song, Teresa said: “We have had this a cappella arrangement in our library for a while and have tried it with a few choirs throughout the years. No choir was successful enough to perform it until this year.” She added, “It came down to the dress rehearsal for me to decide if we’d perform it at the concerts or not. It wasn’t listed on the program so it was a surprise to the audience when it was announced.”
Other Advanced Choir achievements include:
- Many participants in the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District, Region, All-State and All-East Choir Festivals every year
- Many participants in the theater department as leads and supporting cast members of the fall plays and the spring musicals every year
- Finalist in the MoreFM Christmas Choir competition a few years ago
- Performance within the past few years at Carnegie Hall in NY as a part of the Choirs of America Nationals
- Performance last year at Lincoln Center in NY as part of the Distinguished Choirs International of New York
- Countless performances within our community