CAPS uses “cookies” which are small files which allow us to store and sometimes track what you are looking at when you visit our sites. If you are concerned about the potential use of information gathered from your computer by “cookies,” you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify or reject cookies. Some features of our websites, however, require cookies to operate properly. Disabling cookies may prevent some components of the website from working properly.
Collection and Use of Non-personal Information
Our sites’ analytics program will automatically record the following anonymous user statistics from your visit.
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourcollege.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain.
- The type of browser that you use, e.g., “Mozilla Firefox 1.5” or “Microsoft Internet Explorer 7”.
- The type of operating system that you use, e.g., Windows or Macintosh.
- The date and time you visit our site, and the pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous website you visited, if you linked with us from another website.
This information is used to help us diagnose technical problems as well as to help us gather website statistical data. We gather this information in the aggregate — as a total, not linked to individual users — and we may share it with certain reputable organizations which share our interests.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
CAPS collects and uses personal information that you provide for the purposes described below. By “personal information,” we mean information that on its own can specifically identify you. This includes, among other things, your name and e-mail address.
- E-mail Lists: If you choose to sign up for our e-mail list, we ask for your e-mail address and other personal information. We use this information to administer the e-mail lists and to track user interests. We do not sell, lease, or rent these lists to any other organizations. If you wish to revoke your subscription to any e-mail list, please follow the instructions provided at the bottom of all e-mailings. Please contact us if you have any problems revoking your subscription.
- Feedback and other Contact Forms: While we do not ordinarily share personal information that you provide to us on feedback and other contact forms with third parties, depending on the reason(s) for your contact, it may be necessary to share personal information with third parties to comply with your request.
- Miscellaneous: You may choose to participate in other activities at our sites that may require you to disclose personal information. These activities may include polls, questionnaires, surveys, contests, etc. Because of the nature of these activities, we may share personal information of all participants with third parties.
Links to Other Sites
The privacy policies and practices contained in this Privacy Statement do not apply to any external links. The CAPS Privacy Statement only applies to our sites or any future sites that we may develop. It does not cover sites that are linked to our sites for which we are not responsible (“linked-sites”). These linked-sites will have their own policies and practices which may be different from ours. We therefore encourage you to familiarize yourself with the policies and practices of the linked-sites, especially if you provide personal information to them.
Amendments and Consent to This Privacy Statement
CAPS retains the right to amend or otherwise update this Privacy Statement at any time. By using our sites, you consent to the collection and use of the information as we have described. If we change our policies and practices, we will post the changes in our Privacy Statement so that you are always aware of them. With this knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you wish to provide personal information to us.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us.