Each Tuesday, CAPS profiles a teacher on its Facebook page at Council for the Advancement of Public Schools. Anyone can nominate himself or another teacher for this #TeacherTuesday feature.
To participate, an individual should submit the following items to Lana Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A photograph of yourself.
- The more dynamic a photo is, the better. Optimally, we would like to see you at work as a teacher – in the classroom, leading an activity, in the community, etc. Formal headshots will not spark as much interaction.
- A 1-3 sentence answer to ONE of the following questions:
- When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
- When did you realize that you made the right decision to be a teacher?
- In your opinion, what makes public education great?
- What inspires you to lead your class every day?
- What’s something that your students can’t get anywhere else?
- The following information:
- Your name
- The grade/subject you teach
- Your school
- Your school district
Questions? – Contact Lana Weinstein, email@example.com